Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Meeting Cohen...

Baby Cohen has had many visitors over the past week...he's kind of like a rock star!
the entire Russell crew were the first visitors to the hospital grandma
grandma and an awake Cohen
grandpa
auntie Kate
auntie Lindsey (we like to call her auntie Lin)uncle Scott
and Scott making Cohen's picture face Emily and Jared
Josh and Crystal
Bri...look at how happy my baby is with you...too bad your baby screamed the first time I held him!!!
speaking of that baby...he is all smiles for me now! (Bri, Joel and Isaac)
my uncle Jim, cousin Landon and aunt Tammy...so I guess that makes them Cohen's great uncle/aunt and I think second cousin?! Although Landon says he would be a third cousin because he already has a cousin... :)
The McKee crew (Kaitlin, Joshua, Christine and Brian)Joshua was SOOOO cute with Cohen!
our doula Ariana
Brooke and me
Jack and Megan
Josh, Brittni and Griffin
had to put in the typical Clare face photo!
Amy
Natae

and now for our


VISITOR OF THE WEEK


great uncle David...and you may ask why David has been selected as visitor of the week...well here is the story:

I must first preface this story by telling you that David is one of the best cooks we know, so when he offered to bring us dinner and meet the little guy we were thrilled! David brought us some fancy tomatoes from his garden (see above)


As David has for years he brought his toppings in little viles like the one pictured above. He made his fancy tomatoes and set them on the table for us. Sam tried a small one first and it tasted really funny...so he thought there was something wrong with the small tomatoes. He then went for a large tomato and immediately began drinking my lemonade but didn't say anything. I reached for a small tomato and Sam kind of shook his head but I didn't get what he was saying it tasted very strange but I also didn't say anything. Then, part way through dinner I decided to try the large tomatoes. I put an entire piece in my mouth and immediately began to weeze like I was choking...but I wasn't, I just couldn't breathe. I tried to drink my drink and it tasted weird, my throat started to burn and I finally said I think there is something wrong with the tomatoes. David then told me maybe I just needed salt on them. Sam then said well they are kind of spicy, to which David said well it is just olive oil and the tomatoes. Sam then passed David the dish to try. David promptly spit out the tomatoes and realized that the vile of olive oil was in fact...




CITRONELLA Campsuds!!! (Which would indeed explain why his dishes camping the weekend before would just not get clean since they were being washed with OLIVE OIL!)




So instead of being able to enjoy David's awesome meal we ate half a loaf of ginger bread covered in butter, drank large glasses of milk and ate some ice cream to try to get rid of the burning.


David dumped the tomatoes and rinsed the plate and the whole sink filled with suds...I can tell you now he will not live this one down for quite some time!!!

3 comments:

The Meyers Family said...

oh that is awful! I'm guessing you had to do a bit of pumping and dumping, eh??? Bummer!!

Alison said...

THAT is a HILARIOUS story! Way to to and poison the newborn, uncle! =)

Alison said...

oops - "to go and" . =)