Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Baby Room

I know I've been promising pics of the baby room for quite some time...they are finally here!
The room came together with work from a lot of different people.
here is Sam working on the pictures for the wall
here is one with his sketch above the final picture
Sam's next project was a toybox, which ended up being bigger than we had originally thought but are so glad it is since toys are so bulky!!
Here is a view of the room put together. We went with the "Oh the places you'll go" theme more from a travel standpoint than Seuss but a bit of a combo of both. Sam did 7 paintings...one for each continent. The changing table was a craigslist find that my dad painted and fixed up a bit. The curtains and dust ruffle were done by my friend Brooke's mom, Barb. The toybox, as you saw earlier was done by Sam and my mom made the cushion for the lid.
And another view...I made the frame on the wall with some sand and shells from our trip to Mexico (I did block his name out for the pic so you'll all still have to wait)
And another view...I do have to mention that my sister Kate and mom came down and spent a LONG time helping me organize the room and all of the clothes, etc. that we have gotten for this little guy.
Here is his bookshelf that I repainted...already stocked and ready to go...so excited to read to him. And the final addition to the room is not done yet but will be a fun canvass of random scenes from Oh the places you'll go painted by my brother who is still in summer break mode and not moving along too fast on his painting project. :)
Finally, the bathroom is ready for bathtime!

1 comment:

Brea said...

I love how much love and craftiness both you and sam (and the rest of the fam) put into the room. It's adorable!