Tuesday, July 28, 2009

38 Weeks...2 to go???!!!

Puffy feet...puffy face...puffy fingers...I am soooo ready for this little guy to come out!
40 weeks is really 2 weeks away so I am trying to mentally prepare myself for 2 more weeks but would be lying if I said I don't wish on a daily basis that he would arrive TODAY!
He currently moves around like crazy allowing for very little sleep and awkward sitting positions. He has also for sure dropped...not that the pic this week shows it that well, but my belly is WAY lower than even last week...so hopefully that is a good sign!
Every night Sam says it would be great if he could come tomorrow morning so a: he could have at least slept the night before b: he could miss work and c: the baby would be here! However Sam has also now requested that he be born on August 8th or 9th because the Red Sox are playing the Yankess and it will be on Fox and ESPN so he could see it in the hospital...if I could make him carry this kid until then I'd make the deal...I'm still hoping for a July baby but it isn't looking too good at this point!

2 comments:

Brea said...

Can't wait to meet the little man!

Unknown said...

Dear Laurie,

Twenty six years ago, I was in your shoes! Austin was due to arrive on August 17th, 1983! I was in the neighborhood pool with three year old Branden every day to a) tire him out so that he would nap in the afternoon b) cool my damn body off - I was never so hot in my life - good thing Denver has been a little cooler this summer! and c) to feel like I was not carrying around thirty extra pounds!

Luckily for us, the little guy arrived 2 weeks early (August 5th) weighing exactly 6 pounds. But I had Simon and Garfunkle tickets for the 12th, so we took him and put him in a basket under the bench (Boulder venue). People were smoking pot all around us and I think he got a whiff of the stuff and never woke up til we got home later that night! Then he would not go to sleep til 4am!

You guys are in for the most wonderful roller coaster ride of your life! And yes, sleeping on my stomach again was such a joy!

Take Care,

Love,
Kay
ps. You look great for someone about to deliver!