Thursday, February 5, 2009

Who and How and When??!!

Of course family was on our list to tell early on...but because we were waiting for the Russell family get together a few other folks found out first.
Brea- I had to tell my friend Brea early on that I was pregnant because I had to back out of going to DC for the inauguration because I was sooooo tired and knew I would want to do everything and would wear myself out.
Joelle- I was texting with the little (well not so little anymore but she'll always be little to me!!) girl I used to nanny for and spilled the beans to her. She is very excited because the due date is her birthday...August 12th.
Then...our families! We were going up to Loveland to celebrate the sibling December birthdays (the 3rd-Scott, the 10th- Lindsey, the 16th- Kate) so on our way to Loveland we called mom and dad Troge. We got Arlyss on the phone who was working hard on her Christmas program for church and was stressed out. Sam didn't tell her while he was on the phone the first time because he thought she was too busy. I told him to call back and let her know because she would be so excited the stress would not seem so bad...and she was!! She then told Eric...and we talked more to them that evening when they got home from the concert.
My family...how do you announce the news to a room full of Russells?! In birthday cards of course!! I waited to give the cards to the 3 of them until all other presents were open saying the gift was the same so they could open them at the same time.

I had stamped their names on the outside...which they are showing off... then they all started to read the cards...

which said "to celebrate" on the outside
and "becoming an auntie/unlce" in and 8 cents and $20.09 for 08/09
they all read their cards for a minute or so before it clicked then at just about the exact same time they all started screaming and ran over to hug me...it was really funny because everyone else in the room was trying to figure out what the heck Sam and I had given them as a present. Eventually the whole room knew the news...my cousin Landon already planning how he would tell friends at school the next day..."do I say my cousin is having another cousin?!"
the birthday 3 with their cards
and the parents to be!

1 comment:

Brea said...

And your secret was safe with me! WOO HOO! Congrats again!