Friday, February 13, 2009

Inauguration Day

Sadly, as you may have read in an earlier blog, one of the first things I had to do when I found out I was pregnant was back out of this trip of a lifetime. I was SOOOOO tired all of the time that I just wouldn't have made it through the craziness, but that reasoning didn't make the day NOT there any easier!

I went to my friend Kathy's house for an Inauguration brunch to watch the events while they were actually happening. It was fun to see with Kathy as she was one person that did a TON with our team here in Stapleton during the election period. She went all out...she even had a dog treat for her dog that was a bye bye bush bone! It was pretty emotional and SOOO amazing to see this day FINALLY come!
That night we went to celebrate at a fun restaurant close to here with all of the people from both the Park Hill and Stapleton teams. It was really fun to get everyone back together as I hadn't seen many of them since those last few crazy days in November.
(best picture of the day!!!)
And finally...the swearing in and speech of our NEW President!

No comments: