Tuesday, May 12, 2009

27 Weeks

Another week...another belly shot

Our next door neighbor (who is currently living in Malawi) sent me this poem which I think is so sweet:

Eshururu
My Child, My Light, My Jewel
Eshuru ruru mamush eshuru ruru mamush eshuru ruru, Sibelam azye, sitetam azye, sitetam azye, Edegligne enji aidekkimim gelaye, Lije yayine birhan gete mestawte, Lela minim yelegne ante neh hiwote, Angoragralehu tetwatna matta, Eshururu lije fikire yenealegnta.

Eshuru ruru baby boy eshuru ruru baby boy eshuru ruru, I carry you when I'm drinking, I carry you when I'm eating, I carry you when I'm eating, My body will never get tired as long as you're growing, My child, my light, my jewel, my mirror, You are my only life, I want nothing else, I croon every morning and every night. singing eshururu for my beloved.
Translation and Lyrics by Tigist Shibabaw for African Dreams by Eclipse Arts

No comments: