Monday, October 19, 2009

Joelle's Bat Mitzvah

Be prepared for a long blog post...too many fun pics to pass up.
As I mentioned on the plane flight post we made a quick trip to Boston this past weekend to celebrate with the, not so little anymore, girl I used to nanny for. With my own kid now going to a nanny all I can hope is that she will grow to love him as much as I love these kiddos I used to nanny for! Joelle sure has grown up from this little girl I started watching years ago...

to such a beautiful and thoughtful young woman...which was the point of the day. Her Bat Mitzvah celebration was an all day affair starting with service at their Temple. We were so proud of Joelle! There was a portion where they had to take a piece of the Torah and relate it to their own lives, Joelle's speech was so well thought out and grown up (and I might add was so much better than the other girl's).
Following the ceremony we headed over to a luncheon where Joelle met Cohen. He was all smiles for her it was adorable.
the centerpieces were gorgeous
Joelle, opening our gift, a box of Lucky Charms full of gold dollar coins.
Joelle and the ex-nannies (Kelly, me, Jill, Erika)
Then the PARTY begins!!!!
the theme of the night was Junglelicious
I LOVED the centerpieces and want to figure out how to make them!
the whole ceiling was covered in balloons
the candy bar
temporary tattoos
t-shirts
another centerpiece
and the cake
we made neon shirts with pics of Joelle on them to wear
and there was dancing...
lots of dancing! Meanwhile...
Cohen slept!! We have no idea how he slept through the music but he was sound asleep!
we love a good chance to dress up!
Sara, Joelle's mom, and Cohen (we are pretty sure Sara slept for a week following this party!!)
Jeff, Joelle's dad, and Cohen
Sam and Jill...why not?!
a family photo
or two...
Jill and Cohen
Kelly and Cohenall of the nannies and Joelle
and Harry, Joelle's brother, who as Jeff said in his toast "went into low maintenance mode during Joelle's Bat Mitzvah season!" haaaaa...I love this kid!
What a great day/night...we are so proud of you Joelle and so excited to continue to watch you grow...thanks for inviting us!!

No comments: