Thursday, September 4, 2008

Time with the Shermans in Boston

Going back to me being very behind in our blog means to catch up I return to July 21-29...I know...I know!!

I went to Boston to watch the Sherman kids (for those of you who don't know Harry and Joelle they are the kiddos I nannied for in Boston) while their parents went to a wedding in London. As always we had a blast. It is so fun because they are so grown up now. Harry had hockey camp each day but Joelle was off. She had just returned from her first overnight camp experience so we packed the days with fun "girlie" stuff then the 3 of us hung out at night. I have NO idea how I didn't take many pics while there...but I do have a few to give you an idea of the time there.
Joelle holding Oscar in the car on the way to the kennel...you may notice, those of you with a keen eye, that we are in fact in a Mini Cooper convertible LOVE IT!!Joelle had done a lot of canoeing at her camp so we decided to put her skills to use, luckily we got a gorgeous day out since we had seen a LOT of rain! (This is Joelle and her friend Raquel)We canoed along the Charles River up in the Newton area, it was very peaceful.The self shot on the river!

We then spent the weekend on the Cape where Jill joined us and Sara and Jeff joined us post return flight from London. We had a blast in the water (yes I went in the ocean) until Harry and Joelle saw a HUGE jellyfish...then we were all done. :) I don't have any Cape pics which is a bummer. Jill and I squeezed in a 10 mile run as well...why not?!


Monday after returning from the Cape Jill and I took the kids to the Sox game. We had the Sherman's seats which you can see are SWEET!! I will add a few more pics when I get them from Jill as she took most of them. This game ended up being one of Manny's last games in a Red Sox uniform as he was traded later that week (more to come on that) but I did see his last home run at Fenway!

Me and the kiddosDice-K started out pitchingPAPIEllsbury...my favorite!Manny coming home from his last homerun at Fenway

Then came the food...

Joelle made the marks on the wall with ONE piece of the popcorn we were eating...needless to say we couldn't eat anymore!


the girls at the end of the game (Jill, Joelle, Laurie)

Finally this video is of Youk and his funny little butt wiggle he does before each hit

No comments: