Monday, September 22, 2008

Obama Acceptance Speech

Since I am so far behind in my blogs I can rely on my friend Brea for some of the details of the acceptance speech day. First...the logistics and then the description of the speech by Brea are very good (and include some other pics/videos).
Our day went something like this:
Noon- leave work
1pm- meet at Brea's
1:15- get some yummy Mexican food along the way

1:30- arrive at Invesco (Brea, Sam, Laurie, Joy)

2:15- find our seats (yes it took us only 45 minutes!!)

rest of the day- entertainment, wait, entertainment, wait....

The first of the entertainment was a big surprise as they weren't listed on any of the stuff we had seen, and I wish I had a picture of Sam's face when they announced them!! He was so excited...folks the YONDER MOUNTAIN STRING BAND:
here is Sam who essentially jumped out of the shade and moved closer to hear themand here they are! other entertainment included Sheryl Crow (above), Will I Am (video below) and Stevie Wonder



this would be part of the waiting time...we heard from many many Dems...including Al Gore (who people went nuts for)and Joe Biden


Then this great intro...

Then he came out...this is what it was like from our seats!

during the speech

No comments: