Monday, September 3, 2007

Let the Blogging Begin!

I am out in California for work and staying with my friend Jen who has now sucked me into the world of blogging...we shall see it seems addictive!!!

I could go back and add to this blog forever but if I am ever going to get it up and running I will just have to start with today (unlike my scrapbooking where Sam and I just got engaged when we've been married for over 4 years now!) so here goes...

Labor Day Weekend- My one break from work after staying until 3:30 on Friday night so Jen and I packed it in.

We went out to Papadakis Taverna to celebrate our friend Matt's birthday and had the full Greek experience complete with some glass smashing, a belly dancer, an opera singer, a tap dancer and many many OOPAS!
We also hit up the Fiesta Hermosa but could not be swayed from our fav the Pita Pit.

The beach was packed, umbrellas like this lined from El Segundo all the way to Hermosa.

Since it was so crowded we decided to ride our bikes down to Hermosa, feeling like we were 12 once again.

Sam's Highlights-

Seeing as Sam had 2 top 5 lifetime events happen this weekend I figured I should include them as well.

#1- Red Sox no hitter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqVpWiHsg30

Sam says: "My first child, boy or girl, will be named Dustin Pedroia Intheseventh Troge."

#2- Wilco Concert

Sam says: "It's not possible for me to accurately describe how good it was. The best I can do is with the following analogy: I feel like someone who's grown up with a life of pleasure surfing in Hawaii...fully sponsored, traveling the world, world championship tournament wins, nice weather, grass huts, ladies, fires on the beach, mai tais, the works...and now I've been forced to live in Kansas...I no longer know what to do with my life, I'm in Kansas, what can I possibly do that compares in Kansas?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie...glad you are a blogger now! It was very fun having you here!