Sunday, August 19, 2012

Providence with Jilly

I flew out to Providence to run the 2nd half marathon of the year with Jill.
 We started the trip off with a day at the beach, not a bad start!
 Meanwhile, back home Cohen got one special delivery on our front porch for his birthday from the Shermans!
 as always the cheesy Rock n Roll expo photos

 the course


 the expo haul!!!
 we ended up one number apart even though we registered on our own

 the night before the race we went out for a fun and relaxing dinner
 and then dessert
 then stopped by to check out water fire
 race day...great weather
 the start
 and this guy who is usually somewhere along the route of a rock n roll
 and done! 2:04:43 official finish time
 Jill with her post race beer...AND mine
 and me with the post race chocolate milk
 cheers to another great race
 we had some time before my flight so we decided to hop on a lighthouse cruise

 and brought some post race lunch along
 before the ship started moving
 and after...

 it was a fun tour and a great way to end the east coast weekend






 my bag at the airport, just a few expo chips to bring along
 and THIS was my first flight...yes, those are propellers!
 and a welcome home tumbleweed waiting for me in the parking lot in Denver
my fun purchase of the weekend for my office desk to remind me of another great weekend in the 10 year celebration of BFFness.


No comments: