Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bar Mitzvah time!

We headed out to Boston for a quick weekend to celebrate Harry's bar mitzvah

I had a bit of a rainy walk around the city the day I got in while I waited for Kelly to get in and Jill to get off of work but I love the city so I wasn't to be stopped. I stopped by to see the ducks who were decked out in... Mardi Gras beads!
we enjoyed some wine and cheese on the roof deck
as well as some amazing views
Kelly and Jill before we headed out for restaurant week dinner...mmmm...SOOOO fun to hang out with these gals and catch up!
Saturday morning we went to the temple for Harry's service and celebration then we had some time in the city before Kelly had to go to the airport and we had Harry's night party so we decided to hit up the purple palace where we all lived together...here is it...still big and still PURPLE!
ahhhhh the memories! we were laughing so hard about some of them!
our first home...some day Cohen will have to see it too
and to get the full picture!
after dropping Kelly off at the airport we had some time to head to the North End for some coffee and pastries
Sam and Jill walking through the harbor
a view of the harbor...our friend Ashley used to live right here!

Then it was time to party late night with Harry!!! I still cannot believe how big he is now!! Such a great day for him and a fun party too!

Jill and I, as you will be able to see, enjoyed the photo booth...the above pic being my favorite one of all!!!!!
We pulled Sam and Joelle in on a few as well

and yes, may have found a stuffed cat to add...

fun fun fun
then there was dancing


and more dancing and whipping our hair all around

it was hockey themed OF COURSE since Harry lives and breathes hockey



the food was in concession stands


ahhhh...the snowball
notice Harry looking at Joelle during the dance
then some temporary tattoos...why not?!
here is mine
me (mom), Jill (Lucious), and Sara (hottie)
The next morning Jill and I ran a 5k in our old hood...it was a St. Patty's 5k so we went decked out in the ugliest race shirts I have ever seen and some fun schwag from Harry's party...here is the before
and the after with our medals
we were able to make it to see Harry play hockey as well, which was really fun
he is goalie and has gotten so good!
can't wait to see more games in the future

What a great trip and such a fun time to celebrate with Harry. I really can't believe that he and Joelle are getting so old, they truly are amazing kiddos and I am so happy to have been (and still be) part of their lives. So excited to see where they will end up!

No comments: