Saturday, January 8, 2011

Florida

Sam and I had our first vaction just the two of us since Cohen was born thanks to my folks taking Cohen for a few days.
I was able to tag along to Florida and stay at the Ritz
with some great sunsets
fun nights out
and a great evening with Paul and Natanya (friends from Boston who were also there)
I took a few palm tree pics for my friend Bri
we even went for a few walks on the beach like we used to every night when we lived on the beach in California
Sam, clearly thrilled with the picture taking!
we walked to the beach on the tip
to see the lighthouse
which I've loved ever since living in New Hampshire and being able to drive up the Maine coast to check them out
then of course a few shadow pics
and a shot of Miami Beach for Megan (she knows why!)
S is for Sam
we then spent one afternoon down in Ft. Lauderdale where Sam and I went on our very first vacation together
and a few more shadow shots
I will always be amazed at all of the different blues in the ocean
we grabbed our books and read on the beach for the afternoon it was AWESOME!
then we went for a final walk along the beach and under the pier
and said goodbye to Ft. Lauderdale
we grabbed a quick and GROSS dinner at our hotel (which had the strangest seating arrangements...yes we really are that far apart at the table!!)
but they had cool silverware that looked like this...after dinner we met up with Sam's cousin Ben and his family for some dessert. It was great to see them and spend some time talking to them and hearing about Ben's school and about the baby that was due any day!
our last morning we drove down to South Beach before we flew out so I could see it
what a fun lifeguard tower!
goodbye beach...until next time...I will miss you!
-
MEANWHILE back in Colorado...Cohen had a GREAT time with grandma and grandpa. They went to the zoo, the park, played at home and had lots of fun.
Thanks grandma and grandpa for a fun time for all three of us!

No comments: