Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Well we had a pretty relaxing Memorial Day Weekend...lots of planting on day one...cleaning on day two...and playing on day three...see below!

We spent most of the day Saturday planting...and then again with a few HERRRRRRRRBS on Sunday...Sam has quite the potted garden going!

Our deck from our bedroom
our deck from the ground
and our deck...from the deck...showing our new vines!
After a long day of potting/cleaning we headed to my uncle David's house for a BBQ...this is me and my sister Lindsey.
Sam with the son of some of our family friends...Woody. He is adorable!
Lin and her pup Dank
Our friend's little girl Asnika
Our next door neighbor's dog who I am watching...FLETCH!
On Monday a bunch of us ran the 30th Bolder Boulder, I ran with my friend Clare...this is us at the finish getting our beers, lucky for Clare I don't like beer! We started out fast, running the first mile in 8:40 or so...then were quickly bogged down by the sheer number of people running. We chose to run in the KBCO wave of the race mostly for the free cd and t-shirt but the cd sucked this year and they gave us huge shirts...so I think we may opt for a faster running heat next year!
after the race with a bunch of Clare's friends
From Boulder we hit up Rock Bottom Brewery...mmmm pretzels...then went to our friend's house because they just got some little chicks and we had to check them out. For those of you that know Sam well you are probably amazed that he let them sit on him like this...but they are so cute! They came in a box in the mail...check out the Cornell's blog about them!
Then we figured it was time to celebrate with some Pina Coladas (Helen, me, Bri) and the boys played whiffleball in the cold, rainy weather.
Finally back home I figured I needed a pic to show the vast amounts of schwag we collected post race! Clare is all about the free stuff!!


All in all a productive and relaxing and fun weekend!

No comments: