Thursday, February 21, 2008

What were they thinking???!!!!

As I dropped my friend Jen off at the airport last week we noticed a giant, what we assumed to be horse, on the side of the road being installed...well folks as I went back yesterday to pick up my co-worker Mandy you wouldn't believe my shock at what was under the wrapping I had seen the week before. It nearly made me run off the road I coudln't believe how hideous it was!! DIA has decided they need a BRIGHT blue mustang with GLOWING red eyes to greet all of our visitors. I do see some small children in the near future bursting into tears upon arrival (or departure as they placed it just so you get the lovely view twice) to our airport. Wow...is about all I can say. I have included a few stories below as well as a comment posted on a local discussion board, seems we are all in agreement!

checking the demonic eyes to make sure they will successfully glow red!
when looking at this you think they would have just stopped there!
and here it is in its full glory...granted you can't get the FULL effect of the red eyes in this pic...I think a trip to the airport at night for some photography is in my future!!

http://cw2.trb.com/news/kwgn-dia-mustang-statue,0,6710058.story



Denver does not have one good piece of sculpture on municipal property,anywhere,period.Hate to sound like the old art type douche-bag but Denver has no taste in art and has no business picking any out,especially for what they're paying.Municipal area sculptures say something about a city,Denver's says were a bunch of hillbillies with no taste and a ton of money to validate our ignorance.That horse at DIA is an effing nightmare!Red eyes?Really?Are we trying to scare the hell out of our visitors?Is that really the first thing we want people to see?WELCOME TO DENVER,NOW I'M GOING TO EAT YOUR SOUL!Stick men at the arts center,bears looking into windows?,or that cubism JUNK at Alameda & Monaco.DIA's already cursed,the city just put a face on that curse.Next time you want to buy art Denver,call me,I'm sure you'd consider my consulting fee reasonable.By your standards I'm certainly qualified.

No comments: