Saturday, February 14, 2009

Congrats & Good Luck Lin!!!

We threw a congrats (on finishing your GED) and good luck (on your move to TX) party for my sister Lindsey at the end of January.

Her pup Dank is a BIG help when it comes to the vacuum
a REALLY big help!

I made her cake...this is the before...

and after! I made it to look like Dank.

Here he is checking out the cake.
mom and Lin
Scott, Lindsey and the Reichert family (long time friends)
Uncle David and cousin Landon playing with David's I-phone. David had had quite an adventure driving up to Loveland thanks to Sam. Sam (while I was away for the weekend scrapbooking and preparing for Lin's party) decided he would clear out some food from our fridge/freezer. Let's just say he cleared out some stuff he should NOT have and started to feel REALLY sick as soon as he was in the car with David. He eventually had to have David pull over on the way up to Loveland and by that time his arms and legs were starting to feel numb. So he and David are now convinced he has salmonella from the peanut butter pretzels he ate. They rush him to urget care on the way into Loveland where I meet them. When I go back to the room where Sam is being "treated" he is breathing into a paper bag. Come to find out while trying not to puke in David's car he had hyperventilated!! He will NEVER live this one down!! Poor guy was quite the trooper though, he came back to the house and hung out on the couch at the party for quite a while before curling up in bed to sleep for a few hours before we headed back to Denver.
Sam and I decided a car care package would be a good idea for the LONG road trip Lin and Jennifer had coming up. I was actually told by a man in the grocery store when buying all of the snack/junk food that if I ate all that (the stuff in my basket) I would get fat!! I told him "it's ok...it is for my sister, guess she'll be fat." I mean seriously?! Who says that!!??
GOOD BYE
LIN!!
This is Lin and her friend Jennifer who she moved to Texas with. We sure miss her around here but are so glad she is off on her own adventure!

No comments: