Tuesday, February 10, 2009

And telling friends begins!!

We went to our friends the Fudges house for New Year's Eve this year and kicked off the telling of our friends that I am pregnant. Brittni was SO excited and she said she knew and she is so bummed she didn't say anything because there is no proof she knew. :)

We kicked off the new year talking to some of our friends in South Africa (hello Carlmans!!) and they were able to celebrate again with us at midnight.
From there we just told friends and family as we saw them or talked to them.
One of the best stories of friends finding out is the story of my friend Brooke. If you remember back to the earliest people I told you will remember that my friend Brea was one of the first to know because I had to tell her I could not go to DC with her. Well Brea and my friend Brooke used to work together (which is how I met Brea in the first place) but also means they have some mutual friends. It just so happens that Brea went out for happy hour with this friend on a Thursday night after not seeing her for a few months. They talk about her upcoming trip to DC, etc. Brea mentions that it is now just her and Joy going since I couldn't go. Well Brooke then just happens to go to lunch with this same friend the very next day after also not seeing her for a few months and the friend happens to mention Brea's friend that is pregnant that lives in the area. She didn't say names but the wheels were turning for Brooke. So Brooke calls me after her lunch and says hey can you run a quick errand with me. We had planned to do lunch on Monday, when I was going to tell her, but I decided to go run the errand with her on my lunch hour. So I get in her car and she says, "hey...I heard this rumor that one of Brea's friends over in this area is pregnant..." and just leaves it hanging. So I said, "that would be me..." Brooke was SO excited because she has a little guy and now we can do mom stuff together. Anyway we gave Brea a hard time for spilling the beans but it is such a funny story...what are the odds?!

No comments: