Saturday, June 13, 2009

Redondo Pier...WOW!!!

My last night out in LA Jen, Travis and I went down to the Cheesecake Factory in Redondo Beach. We sat outside and watched the sun go down over the marina which was gorgeous. Jen and I shared the appetizer sampler which was HUGE...but yummy. We then decided to class up the night a bit and head to the Redondo Beach Pier. (For those of you reading this blog that don't live in California or have not been to this pier...you may be missing the humor to that statement...but I have a few examples to prove my point)

we will call this example A- your common claw machine where you can try to win the stuffed animal prizes inside...the bear in front being the main goal of anyone trying out this machine I am sure!
in case you couldn't get a good look at the bear...here it is up close
the next set of examples (above included) come in the form of some of the amazing prizes you can win with tokens or tickets
I thought these red flower lamps were pretty amazing UNTIL...
I saw these!! They come complete with a fairy and beautiful base!
We are pretty sure this guy would take about 5 years to earn, but would be well worth the wait!
Example C comes in the form of rides...well I should say ride as it is the only one. Travis convinced Jen to go on the Tilt-a-Whirl, I sadly am pregnant and could not participate because I would have for sure been on the ride if not! (NOOOO way!!)
Jen, as you can see, really enjoying the ride!
YUCK!!! Do keep in mind we had JUST come from the Cheesecake Factory which is known for its very small portions!
Jen with her brave face...Travis showing how they truly felt.
But alas...time to win some tokens/tickets for those amazing prizes awaiting us! Skiball is always my go to...that and the basketball game which I found I was not so good at pregnant since the belly throws me off!!
It sure is a good thing we played because we were able to walk away with THESE!!!
Pretty sure that's MC Hammer on the front! Don't worry...I came home with one extra and one lucky friend/family member will be getting one for some special day!

1 comment:

The Cornell's said...

That teddy bear needs a good home....